Best Cooling Sheets
Cooling sheets have been around for a long time, but recently, they have found a renewed popularity especially for therapeutic and alternative medicine uses. As the amount of people experiencing heat illnesses like heat exhaustion and heat fatigue increases as global warming takes its toll, people have come up with more and more ingenious ways of beating the heat. If you want to know more about other cooling products like cooling towels, follow this link
Cooling sheets are like normal sheets of blankets but are made of certain materials that promote cooling when in contact with your body. If you find yourself frequently tossing and turning in the night, then cooling towels might be the product for you.
Here are some of our top picks for the best cooling sheets to help you keep cool during the night.
8 Top Cooling Sheets Guide in 2020
We may earn a small commission when you make a purchase through our links. Read our editorial & disclosure policy to learn more.
Mellanni 100% Cotton Bed Sheet Set
This offering from luxury brand Mellanni boasts a 100% imported cotton construction that keeps you cool all through the night.
We found that this cooling sheet really hit that luxury market right on the head with its ultra-tight Percale weave making it nigh unparalleled in terms of that crisp, cool, and velvety skin feel. Durability is a huge selling point of this sheet and it shows. The edges are bound with thick stitching that lends itself nicely to the overall high class feel of this product.
This cooling sheet is a little bit on the large side, too, as the full sheet measures 82 by 96 inches allowing it to comfortably fit around a queen bed.
If you’re wanting to buy a cooling sheet that will keep you cool while making you feel like a king, queen, or something in between, then we definitely think that this is the cooling sheet for you.
- CRISP AND AIRY for an ultra luxurious feel and exceptional comfort.
- VERSATILE - Perfect for any room in your house.
- Easy to care as it's machine wash cold gentle cycle.
- Gets softer with every wash for an additional comfort
- Brand: Mellanni Brand: Mellanni
- Material Cotton
- Thread count 300
- Durable and Lightweight
- Breathable cotton & excellent quality
- Wrinkle free and comfortable
- Thick and Crisp
- Sheets are substantial, but not heavy
- Super rough and stiff
- After washing they feel more like sand paper than cotton
Hotel Sheets Direct 100% Bamboo Bed Sheets
It’s been a long time since we’ve seen a bamboo sheet that’s this fist and cloud-like. Usually when we see bamboo sheets or bamboo towels, they tend to feel quite scratchy and not as good as other fabrics like cotton or 3silk. This cooling sheet from Hotel Sheets Direct, however, feels right up there with more premium and established fabrics.
They brag about how a lot of their customers are repeat buyers saying that they often leave very positive reviews of their product. We can see why. This cooling sheet comes in a variety of colors like light green to black and our personal favorite, burgundy.
It’s made out of 100% Viscose fiber taken from bamboo. What’s Viscose? You may ask. Well, it’s a type of rayon fabric that’s most suited for sheets, pillow cases and mattress coverings. It’s a broad category of tightly woven fabrics used in a wide variety of applications.
- Lasting Comfort and Unbeatable Quality
- Anti-piling, elastic all around and Pillow Pockets
- Hypoallergenic and Thermo Regulating
- 100% bamboo and Oeko-tex certified
- Brand: Hotel Sheets Direct Brand: Hotel Sheets Direct
- Material Bamboo-derived Viscose
- Thread count 1600
- Soft like silk but even smoother than silk.
- Lightweight and thin-ish
- Didn’t get rough or pilled after washing.
- Cool and comfortable
- 100% cotton and Hypoallergenic
- Very thin and short on the sides.
- Very wrinkly after drying.
Coolmax Sheet Set
This is undoubtedly the value king of the cooling sheet market. For just around $35, you can experience high-class cooling. That’s one heck of a steal!
The Coolmax Sheet set is made from an 80/20 polyester/microfiber blend that makes the sheet feel nice and crisp. The polyester in the blend acts as a wick for extra moisture if you start to sweat in the middle of the night. The reviews say that sleeping with this sheet feels like you have a sheet of wind flowing over you. If that doesn’t catch your attention, we don’t know what will.
These sheets also can be machine washed, albeit with a lot of guidelines. Nonetheless, other cooling sheets cannot be machine washed because they’re made of materials that can’t withstand machine washing. They also offer a 30-day return if you’re not a hundred percent guaranteed with your purchase. We don’t know the validity of that policy but it’s always nice when manufacturers mention that in their product pages.
It also comes with some freebies like fitted and loose sheets, as well as 2 pillow cases.
- 80% Polyester, 20% Coolmax Microfiber
- Microfiber with CoolMax Moisture Wicking Technology
- Machine wash cold, gentle cycle, and separately. Do not bleach.
- Hypoallergenic, long and super soft for all your bedroom essentials and extra comfort.
- Brand: Comfort Spaces Brand: Comfort Spaces
- Material Fabric
- Size Full
- Soft and Comfortable
- Easy to wash & reduce heat retention.
- Great quality and definitely reduces night sweats
- Keep your body temperature from getting hot while sleeping.
- They are thin, slippery and the elastic is weak.
- These sheets are not cooling and poor quality.
SUPERIOR 100% Brushed Microfiber Wrinkle Resistant Full Sheet Set
These sheets are made from a 100% microfiber weave that feels ultra soft and luxurious. They also embroider a satin-stitch pattern on their sheets that just puts them over the edge for us and gives it that no compromise seal of quality, even though these sheets are relatively cheap.
These sheets come in a multitude of colors which is a plus if you want your sheets to match the style of your bed room. The extra pillows are also a great addition to the package. This one is definitely worth a look if you’re looking for your next cooling sheet to stay cool in the night.
- Microfiber fabric to ensure softness, breathability and wrinkle- resistance.
- Fitted sheets have high quality, durable elastic all the way around so your sheets fit snugly and neatly
- These beautiful bedding sets are colorfast, fade resistant, and machine washable.
- Naturally wrinkle resistant quality of microfiber makes these sheets look picture perfect, right out of the dryer.
- Brand: SUPERIOR Brand: SUPERIOR
- Material 100% Brushed Microfiber
- They are soft, and wrinkle resistant
- Color is very good not to bright kinda dusty
- These sheets are very comfortable and very good material.
- Good fit and quality
- Breathable and machine washable
- They don't seem made to last.
- Fabric is ruffled it's very rough.
PeachSkinSheets Night Sweats: The Original Moisture Wicking Sheets
These sheets from PeachSkin are marketed heavily on their moisture wicking abilities for those heavy night sweaters. The materials they use definitely support that claim, with an advanced fabric that they won’t divulge the details of, as they only describe it as an “athletic grade fabric”. The feel of the sheets on the skin is definitely cool. We can see how these can lessen your night sweats.
- Breathable and Lightweight
- Stain Resistant
- Strong and Durable
- Gentle Enough for Sensitive Skin
- Brand: PeachSkinSheets Brand: PeachSkinSheets
- Material Breathable, Athletic Grade Poly Microfiber
- Thread count 1500
- Breathable and just super fresh
- Material is soft and thick
- Comfortable and Lightweight
- No wrinkles, no pilling
- Dries Super Fast
- No pills but they just started to feel like sandpaper.
- The cooling sheet does not cool.
Magnolia Organics Dream Collection Sheet Set
Now these sheets are a little bit on the expensive side, but we think that they make up for it.
These sheets really do make you feel like you’re laying on a cloud or cotton candy. It almost feels like satin, but it’s not. It’s actually made of a long-fiber, organic cotton. How they make cotton feel like satin is beyond us, but they did.
They’re sheets are certified by a number of organizations that say that their sheets are of the highest quality. These sheets have no harmful dyes, the cotton they use was grown without pesticides, and they tout a fair labor production. All of this adds to the quality of the sheets.
If you want to splurge and pamper yourself a little bit, these sheets are an extremely good buy.
- Smooth and silky sateen construction, made with ring-spun and long-staple organic cotton fiber
- GOTS Certified Organic Cotton
- High Drapability
- Perfect fit deep pockets
- Brand: Magnolia Organics Brand: Magnolia Organics
- Material Organic Cotton
- Thread count 300
- Cool ,Soft and Comfortable
- The seams are sturdy and strong
- Breathable and Crisp
- No pilling. No shrinking
- Great color choices
- Sheets take a few washes to ‘wear in’
- They are rough like sand paper after many wash
Queen Sheet Set
These sheets have the most color options of all the options on this list. This makes these sheets an interior designer’s dream. Feel like an Egyptian Pharaoh with these sheets. They’re made of Egyptian cotton that undergoes a special process that makes them ultra soft and luxurious.
These sheets aren’t only soft and supple, they’re also mighty durable. An advantage of Egyptian cotton is that they’re finer than normal cotton, resulting in a tighter weave, increasing durability.
- Deep Pockets to Fit Mattresses 16” Deep
- Premium 100% Brushed Microfiber Fabric
- Luxuriously, Buttery Soft
- Hypoallergenic, Breathable, Cooling
- Brand: CGK Unlimited Brand: CGK Unlimited
- Material Microfiber
- Thread count 1800
- Lightweight ,Soft & Silky
- Comfortable and Durable
- Machine washable and and dries quickly
- Resistant to Tearing, Shrinking and Fading
- They're resistant to pet hair because there are no rough fibers to pull and trap the hairs.
- Sheets are made with poor quality material.
- They are very scratchy and uncomfortable.
SHEEX - Original Performance Fitted Sheet
When a cooling sheet markets that they’re better than cotton, we definitely can’t help but take a second look. These sheets are made from a polyester and spandex blend. The polyester provides the moisture wicking technology giving the sheets a very cool feeling. This also gives them superior drying capabilities that keep you cool all night.
Everything about these sheets just feel high quality, from the fit to the elastics around the sheets. These deserve your attention if you’re looking for a good set of cooling sheets.
- Silver elastic securely holds fitted sheet in place
- Long-lasting Wrinkle-free Durability
- Innovative Sleep-fit Technology
- Moisture Wicking
- Brand: SHEEX Brand: SHEEX
- Fabric Type 87% Microfiber Polyester, 13% Spandex
- Silky and Comfortable
- Help regulate body heat.
- They stay nice and straight, unwrinkled and smooth.
- Very soft wicks away moisture keeps you dry
- Well made and long lasting product.
- These sheets will still make you sweat like a dog.
- It has a chemical smell.
Buying Guide & FAQs
Benefits of Using a Cooling Sheet
Cooling sheets take the concept of a normal sheet or blanket and flips it over its head, instead of trapping and insulating heat, cooling sheets can actually make you feel cooler by providing an airy and refreshing feeling throughout the night.
Most research done within the past 10 years suggests that the most common reason that people lose sleep is because of improper sleeping temperatures. Your body temperature fluctuates regularly on a daily basis, this is what’s known as your circadian rhythm, and disrupting this circadian rhythm, such as temperatures during the evening being too high when your body needs a lower temperature, will cause effects on your body like the inability to sleep.
Here are some benefits of using cooling sheets:
- Reduced sleep interruption
As you’ve read before, sleeping when it’s hot can disrupt and even prevent you from getting a good night’s sleep altogether. With a cooling towel, you won’t have to worry about getting too hot during the night.
- More comfortable
Cooling sheets are made from a blend of materials that aren’t typically found in your normal bed sheets. Most cooling sheets make use of some sort of synthetic fiber like polyester or some sort of rayon. This gives the sheets a cool to the touch feeling. Having some synthetic fibers in your weave will generally make the fabric lighter and more conducive to drying, further promoting the cooling feeling of the sheets.
- Durable yet soft
We’ve discussed that most cooling sheets are made with some sort of synthetic fiber. These types of fibers are more durable than organic fibers like cotton. This makes cooling sheets more durable and long-lasting. Even machine washing these sheets is a very easy thing to do because they often have heavier stitching.
- Perfect for humid areas
Humidity is the enemy of normal sheets. They make them heavy and sticky feeling, they take forever to dry if you wash them yourself then they develop that nasty closeted smeel, and nobody wants soggy, smelly sheets.Cooling sheets, again, are made from lighter, synthetic materials that really don’t like holding water. Cooling sheets are perfect for humid areas and if you want to keep cool during the night then definitely pick up a set for yourself or for yourself and your partner. Cooling sheets can even make a perfect gift for your in-laws.
What to Look For In a Cooling Sheet
If you’re looking to spend a good chunk of cash on a new cooling sheet, then we’re sure you’ll want to get the most out of that cash. You don’t want to receive that package just to find out that your cooling sheet is just some ordinary sheet with a “cooling sheet” marketing sticker just slapped on and with it a cool 20 buck premium.
To protect you from unwanted scamming and so just you know what are the signs of a good cooling sheet, here’s a few tips to get you started.
Check the Materials
Most of the time this is where the big difference lies with cooling sheets and your run of the mill bed sheets. Cooling sheets will often be made from a special type of fabric like Viscose or Rayon. These fabrics allow air to easily pass through them and make them feel cooler than regular sheets.
For cooling sheets to work, they need to store some cold air so they’ll have a sort of reservoir of sorts to keep you cool through the night. We suggest that you open the AC for around an hour or two and let your cooling sheet stock up on some cold air. The cooling effect will last well into the morning thus saving you a hefty amount in utilities.
Size Does Matter
Check to see if the sheet you’re looking at fits your bed or your needs. Most cooling sheets are sized according to US standard sizes, but there are always the outliers who size their products weirdly. Many cooling sheets have heavy duty elastic linings to ensure a snug fit even if they’re a little big for your bed.
Give Me a Reason
Know what you’re buying the cooling sheet for. Most people who buy cooling sheets either have certain medical conditions or live in particularly warm areas. If you’re already living quite comfortably I’m with your nighttime temperatures, and you don’t have a medical condition preventing you from getting a good night’s sleep, then you might consider a cooling sheet because of therapeutic reasons.
Having a slightly heavier blanket can have a calming and relaxing effect. Some people buy specially designed weighted blankets to help them sleep better a night. Some sleeping conditions also call for weighted blankets as a remedy.
Some cooling blankets may be used as weighted blankets if you don’t want to invest in a proper weighted blanket as they can cost quite a bit more than cooling sheets. Just look out for cooling sheets that have a heavier fabric or a heavy weave. You can find a lot of cooling sheets out there that match this criteria, you just have to be diligent in looking for them.
Frequently Asked Questions*Click on one of the questions below to show the answers.
Depending on the brand, the cooling effects of cooling sheets can last anywhere from three to six hours. This is due to a combination of construction material, temperature and your own temperature when you sleep.
No. Normal sheets don’t have the same fabric technologies as cooling sheets have. Normal bed sheets may even be the source of your sleeping problems simply because they don’t allow for the proper flow of air to keep your body at comfortable sleeping temperatures.
Cooling sheets are like most other bed sheets. They’re completely machine washable and require no special care routines. Just treat them like any other.